Thursday, November 18, 2004

SuSE and my Muvo

I had played around under Gentoo with my old USB keydrive, and got it to do a directory listing, but not read or write. It was still on my list of things to pursue at some point. So it was with a wee bit of trepidation that I plugged in my Creative Labs Muvo NX MP3 player into my work box, (running SuSE 9.1). See, I really, really needed my .emacs file from home to be able to work like I am accustomed to.

Well, nothing to see here, folks. I plugged it in, heard some HD chatter, and got a dialog asking me if I wanted to open a KDE app when new media is detected. It found the drive, mounted it under /media, and popped up a file browser. Copied off the desired files, pruned a few podcasts that I listened to on the way in to work this morning, and I'm good to go. Even better, I can now work in Emacs like I like.

I'm liking SuSE more and more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home