Tuesday, November 02, 2004

PostgreSQL == Good

Despite having finished the emerging that I thought might have been causing problems, Eclipse continues to crash (I will pursue this later).

I worked through the PostgreSQL tutorial and docs, and got things running on my machine. I'm liking PostgreSQL as well; table inheritance looks like a neat thing. I'm sure there are times when I wish I'd had this. And I assume you can do things like abstract base tables as well, which I certainly wish I could have had elsewhere.

emerging libgnomecanvas stopped with a complaint about not finding index.sgml. Again, I searched the Gentoo forums; finding a message saying to re-emerge gtk-doc; no luck. A followup said to try USE="-doc" emerge, which worked. Same thing happened with libgnome and libgnomeui, same solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home