Friday, December 10, 2004

Eclipse and the Mouse Scroll Wheel

In getting back accustomed to using Eclipse, I was playing around with the mouse wheel. Seems that when I scroll with it, the page moves by half of the page height, which is counter to how just about every other app uses the scroll wheel. I Googled for a solution, but found none, and went to the Eclipse IRC channel on Freenode and got an answer.

Seems that Eclipse on Linux uses GTK+, and the version of GTK+ I have (2.2.4) is what's making Eclipse do that. Apparently it's not something that Eclipse controls, and that has been fixed in more recent versions of GTK+. Oh well, guess I won't be using the scroll wheel for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for making this information available/searchable. Unfortunately I'm *stuck* with my version of GTK (work...). Guess I'll just have to live with it.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home