Friday, December 10, 2004

Loads of Fun

Well, I've been busy, and haven't posted as things have been going fairly swimmingly. So let's see, what have I done?

I got a test servlet and test JSP page running under Tomcat, and a simple object coded, using Eclipse. (Eclipse is way cool, BTW. More on that later.)

I got Spring's MVC running and forwarding a request to that JSP as a view. Spring is way cool as well.

I also got Spring to expose that simple object via SOAP, using Axis. One little oddity there: I had setup Spring to handle requests to Axis under a ./axis path; Axis puts a default page at that location with links to request the WSDL files, but the links assume that you're running under a ./services path. I tried them out first thing, and they broke, leading me to think something more serious was wrong. I switched my web.xml servlet-mapping to put the Axis servlet under ./services, and all was well.

I then got an object talking to PostgreSQL via their JDBC drivers. Actually, jdbc.postgres.org was down, but I managed to get fairly current drivers from someone off of the IRC channel on Freenode.

Lastly, I got some data objects coded up for my sample database, using JNI to make calls into a company-internal library that we have. It's been a while since I've done any C coding, but it brought back some mostly-good memories. (Although I'm not giving up Java to go back, that's for sure.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home