Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Why I Hate Frameworks

A coworker sent me a link to a very funny article and a rather nice ensuing discussion about the problems with frameworks.

Where I'm working now, we're pared down to a fairly simple level. Our presentation code is a port of a homegrown library; our database code (that I've mentioned in an earlier post) is homegrown and lightweight. We have one toe in Spring, pretty much just to handle dispatching of requests; I'm not planning to, but I could probably rewrite the part that we're using in a couple of days.

And we're happy, productive coders. Makes me feel good, as early on in our switch to Java, I lobbied hard for doing just what we needed, while having the option to go to J2EE/EJB/insert your buzzword later, if/when we need to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home