Friday, October 14, 2005

Blogspot.com Stats

It's nice to get feedback on what you write in a blog. I mentioned getting comments; it's nice, too, to be able to look at your server logs and see who's reading what, and where they came from, and so on. But as my blogs are primarily hosted on Blogspot.com, and given that they don't share their server logs (harumph), what's a poor geek to do?

Well, images to the rescue. Turns out, you can put a link in your blog template to an image file that you host on your own server, and any time anyone in an actual browser (i.e. not a webcrawling 'bot) views your page, your image gets loaded, and you can see what page the reader was on at the time. Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.

Now, if they'd just share my own stats with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home